How many customers are visiting your website from organic and paid search traffic?
SEO Traffic Definition
SEO Traffic KPI measures the number of visits to your website that are the result of organic or paid search traffic. By combining web visit metrics with goal-fulfilment metrics, you get a complete picture of your SEO performance. Very often, SEO is considered as a separate endeavour, when in reality, it should be seen in terms of your website performance and extensive marketing efforts. Use this KPI to provide your search marketing team within the perspective of the Google Analytics dashboard.
SEO Traffic: Key Terms
- Traffic: People visiting your site.
- Organic Search: Organic search results are web page listings that most closely match a user’s search query based on relevance. Also called “natural” search results, what about high ranking SEO in organic results.
- Paid Search: Paid Search Marketing means that whenever your ad is clicked (pay-per-click – PPC) or by paying a low com, you can search for a search engine or a partner site.
SEO Traffic Benchmark
Do not depend on anyone source to benchmark your results from seodirectory4u for SEO traffic, suggesting that you should look at your data internally to see the trends for each year and month of the whole year. Benchmarking your organic search results and paid search results are no longer limited to industry data from outside analysts. These reports are still useful but in combination with competing data. Seodirectory4u preferred benchmarking strategy needs to take real industry performance as a layer of reference, then look for larger competitors on layer two.
SEO Traffic Challenges
- Google and your market are not stable. You have to cope with the ever-changing environment – emerging technologies, Google’s transfer algorithms, behavioural changes in your market, new applications and tools, and more.
- This KPI is incredibly useful for tracking your SEO efforts, but cannot be taken at face value. To get the complete picture you need to combine this KPI with other SEO metrics and KPIs.
- Frequent changes occur on SERPs, specifically Google promotes vertical/universal search, placing their own products above organic search results that are pushed further down. Be realistic with your expectations.
Seo traffic best practice
There are lots of great tools to handle your SEO traffic. Most digital marketers first look at Google Analytics to collect SEO data, but there are also great tools that enhance this platform. In particular, Alexa is a good tool for getting a sense of traffic metrics and sources.
You can also combine mosaics data with other web performance metrics from Google Analytics, the Mix panel, your own custom data sources, and any number of services you would like in a Cliff portfolio.
Also, because search engines are not static, you should always monitor this metric. I recommend using an SEO Dashboard to keep up to date with performance.
- Test, measure and test again. Regularly monitor the performance of your keywords to keep up with the static web.
- Set SEO objectives and goals, so that you know exactly what you are looking for in your SEO traffic.
How to monitor SEO traffic in real-time
SEO traffic KPIs should be combined with related web metrics to provide a complete view of your digital marketing performance. Consider tracking this metric with keyword opportunity KPIs, link building metrics, and organic search traffic.
Learn more about how to track your SEO traffic on the Web Analytics Dashboard and Ad Words Campaign Dashboard.
SEO Traffic: Top Resources